Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Monday, November 2, 2009

A Grandmother's Shoes

Designed by Jeannie Phillips ~ Southside, Al
Click on any picture to enlarge.I am so excited about The Gypsy Spot!!....and being a Design Team member!!... I will miss The Cuttlebug Spot... but this new blog of Nilda has me so excited... I am so loving my Gypsy!!... just loving it!! ... so this new blog is going to be wonderful wonderful fun... this week were were to use a cut from Gypsy Wanderings and when I saw the shoes I though of my Grandmother who passed away October 17... I am missing her already... she was 96 .... this card is in memory of her, Violet Sherrill Pinson... Be sure and check out The Gypsy Spot and see what the other Design Team members have come up with... and please join us and create something wonderful of your own.

CRICUT & GYPSY
Gypsy Wandering
Shoes cut @ w 2.53 x h 1.64.
Shoe Shadows cut @ w 2.79 x h 1.74.
Gypsy Font
(I love this font)
"A" cut @ w 1.o x h 0.89.
"Grandmother's" cut @ w 3.47 x h 3.76.
These numbers are after the letters were turned and moved together..then welded together.
To get the arch I built the letters around the oval after I moved it over the card base template where I wanted it to be... that way it was just the right size when I cut it... I moved it before I cut it so I could place all my dark brown objects together for laying out my papers.
"Shoes" cut @ w 1.64 x h 0.72 after the letter were moved together and welded.
George
Oval cut @ w 5.65 x h 6.59.
After the oval was cut I laid it on my card background..then marked where I wanted to trim it...the leftover pieces of the oval I used on the inside.

This is what my mat looked like when I cut the images... I put a brown piece of paper 4 1/2 x 11 down the left side...and a 4 x 4 1/2 piece of paper in the top right corner for the shoes.. I also put a 7 1/2 x 6 inch piece of patterned paper over the oval...so all the items cut out in one cut...

Often at the present the welded items won't cut with the non welded items... leave all your paper on the mat...make sure you have saved your file... delete all the non welded items from your mat then cut again... your welded pieced will cut then...when prompted to save changes choose don't save... then you still have all your cuts when you return to this file.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jeannie, it's perfect! Love the vintage feel to it!
Hugs, Margie

Alice said...

What a wonderful way to pay tribute to your grandmother. I am sure she would be so thrilled with this creation. I will surely miss following you on the cuttlebug spot but look forward to your creations on the gypsy spot...

sandi7753 said...

I love your work. It is one of the first sites I visit each morning. You are so very talented! I do not have a Gypsy and do not plan to buy one because I would not find it that useful for me personally. However, I do have so many cartridges. Is it possible to also give Cricut instructions as well as just for the Gypsy.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Jeanne. This is just so sweet.. I love everything about it.. I am sure you still miss your grandmother.

Michele said...

Jeannie, this is a gorgeous card! and the story behind it is very moving! Thank you for sharing!

Nancy said...

this is just darling Jeannie....you are rockin that gypsie girl...I love everything you have made...keep them coming...I left you something on my blog for you....hugs

Cheryll said...

I LOVE this card Jeannie! I love shoes! I collect miniature shoes AND the ones you wear.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In