Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas With the Cricut - Advanced Card

I have been waiting all week to post this card... its been finished like 2 months...and it just kills me not to get to post something!!...lol... to make this card you start with my Simple Card Monday - Card... just click here to see that card and its instructions! ...and finish off with the instructions below... I forgot to get a picture of my new cuts...so please forgive... I did try to make really good instructions!! I hope you like it!!! ... I had a blast turning my Simple Card Monday card into an Advanced card... be sure and Check out Christmas With the Cricut!!! and visit Susan's blog from there and comment on her card... She had done such beautiful work this week! Hugs, Jeannie

Advanced Card
Winter Woodland Cartridge
I started with the finished simple card from Monday’s card.
Then I cut a second tree @ 5 ½ inches... and 4 more snow layers at 5 ½ inches.
I cut 3 more birds ...on the flipped feature.
I cut several more snowflakes...of each kind.
I cut the snowman @ 2 3/4 inches... 2 times in white and 2 times in red on the shift feature and once in yellow on the layer feature and once in yellow on the shift-layer feature.
I trimmed three branches from my new tree...added the snow to different branches than before and bent out the limbs... popped this tree from the fist tree with pop-dots.
I then inked the ground snow layers and glued two ground snow layers together as wide as the blue background paper... I did this twice.
I attached the first new layer of snow to the popped tree base..then I added the white showman inked in blue ink to the snow base with glue and popped the top part of the snowman from the background paper.
I then popped the last layer of ground snow with pop-dots.
I assembled the second snowman... adding his inked scarf and buttons directly to him...along with one of the red hats... I used a sharpie for his eyes...and pink chalk applied with a make-up q-tip to his cheeks..then I added a dot of white gel ink to each cheek.
I added the yellow strip to the second hat...inking both the strip of yellow and the hat in brown..I popped this hat up from the first hat with pop-dots... then I glued the snowman bottom to the top snow layer and pop-dotted the top of the snowman to the snowman below.
I added the extra birds..glueing them to the popped layers only at their feet.
I used leftover branch snow on the inside of the card for the pile of snow the inside bird is laying on...and added a snowflake.
All snow parts are inked in blue ink...all other parts are inked in brown.








28 comments:

Christina Thomas said...

Great idea to use your card from Simple Card Monday and make it even more beautiful. I love it.
Christina

Saskia said...

Lovely, lovely card!

Saskia :)

Mom2Fiveplus3 said...

This card is amazing. I thought the simple version was beautiful. You have some talent girl.

Sue said...

Love this card. It is beautiful. Cardinals and snow, what could say Merry Christmas more? Thanks for sharing.
Sue
wanats@gmail.com

Shari said...

Love your design, what a beautiful Christmas setting. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Theresa said...

This is a pretty card with so much detail. I hope I can make it!. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Edwards said...

Wow how smart is that??? I knew you would amaze me today, but to take your already fabulous Monday card and transform it into an AMAZING Friday card is genius!!! Jeannie you are just so talented and I feel so blessed that you and I shared this design week!!!

xx Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh I love how you added on to your simple card to make the fancy card! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You have done such an excellent job this week as guest designer!! I was a pleasure to find your blog now, because you have such fantastic ideas!!! I look forward to visiting and seeing what else you have in store!

Have a fantastic Holiday!!

Lisa Sturgill
LisaRN499@aol.com

Leah said...

Beautiful! I love all the intricate details and the color scheme, just perfect.

Brens Designs said...

Wow! I love, love, love this card. As usual, you do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Alice said...

Yup yup another amazing card....how do you do it? Must be the kind of cereal you have in the morning =) hahahhaa
tfs!

Jessica said...

Lovely card! All of your work has been lovely! Thanks for sharing this week!

Brittany said...

That is by far the coolest card I've yet seen. Thanks for sharing the instructions!

IRW Dana said...

This card is so very wonderful. The details is extraordinary. I'm so inspired by your work.

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Oh my goodness............THIS IS BEATIFUL!!! So much detail here my sweet friend!!! Hugs, T

Susan said...

How clever are you?!!! And your directions are always clear and easy to follow. You are such a joy! fabulous card!
Susan

mary said...

BAM! Kick it up a notch! What a difference it makes! Thank goodness we don't have to cut all those layers by hand. Great job!

linda loe said...

wow I just found your blog but he you ar makeing realy cool things with the cricut. I have one but don`t use him enough. Thank you for the inspiration

Carol<>< said...

Jeannie, you are so good at keeping secrets, must be fun at Christmas time at your house.
Enjoy your day,
Carol<><

Unknown said...

I love this whole idea of showing how you can dress up a simple card and make it fancy! Absolutely brilliant!

dianne said...

WOW!!! I thought your card was beautiful Monday, I would never have thought to do more, Glad you did. I want to scraplift this card after I get Winter Woodland cart. Please make it available(after Christmas). Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Bev said...

Wow this is a wonderful card, quite the challenge

Sharon said...

WOW Jeannie! This is just beautiful! Love how you took a simple card and make a more advanced version of it! Everything you have done this week has just been fantastic!!! :)

Rose said...

I love this card such details. You did such a good job on the inking of the snow.The back ground print paper looks like a snow storm is blowing in. A prefect week of project!!! Thanks
Rosebud222222222@aol.com

Ladybug said...

Wowsers! What a transformation! I loved the "simple one" but this just takes it to the "next level". Awesome! TFS!! :-)

Carol Ric said...

Great Card. You really made this next level a wow!

janst said...

Hi Jeannie, Love your card, but knew I would I am an ardent (silent )follower, and love all your work.
TFS

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sapresodas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]software to buy for, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]order book software[/url]
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]discount downloadable software[/url] instant web not started filemaker pro 9 utv software buy
buy photoshop in [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]cheap os software[/url] retail store layout software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]discounted academic software[/url] Deluxe 2009 Mac Parallels
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]profit software discounts[/url] list of educational software
adobe photoshop cs4 extended installation problems [url=http://sapresodas.net/]egghead discount software[/url][/b]

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In