I enjoyed doing these tags for Christmas With the Cricut... I got to make my own embossing folder...now that was fun fun fun.... Since it was my first embossing folder and a small tag I wanted to start out simple... I really like the idea of combining the cut with the embossing... hope that you like it too... be sure and check out the other designs at Christmas With the Cricut...and when you are there hop on over to Susans blog and leave her a comment about her beautiful work!!..Don't forget to leave a comment on the Christmas With the Cricut blog for a chance to win!! Hugs, Jeannie
For my gift tags I wanted to try my new Cricut Cuttables to emboss my tags.... I was so excited when this worked out just the way I wanted it to!
1. I cut the Snowman (page 47) of the Winter Woodland cartridge...I cut him on blackout into the Cricut Cuttables sheet.
2. I cut out my tag (page 33) form the Winter Woodland cartridge once in white @ 3 inches on real dial size and once in red @ 3 1/4 inches on real dial size.
3. I cut snowman layers on the shift feature in green and on the layer feature in red all on 2 inches.
4. I embossed the white tag with the snowman Cricut Cuttables embossing folder.
5. I added the scarf, hat and heart to the snow man. I then inked the tags with brwon ink around the edges and assambled the tag and added the ribbon.