Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Monday, August 24, 2009

Hot Summer

Designed by: Jeannie Phillips - Southside, AL
Click on any picture to enlarge.
It's "The Cuttlebug Spot" time again!!.... I get so excited when I finish one of these challenges for the Design Team.... but I must admit some of them are a real challenge and this was one of those... our only guideline other than using the Cuttlebug was to "use the word HOT"... the word Hot???... the word HOT???.... I kept seeing the word HOT a sombrero and a pepper... well I just knew that is the first thing anyone would think so I didn't want to go with that.... but then what left.... nothing in my little brain I can tell you that... usually I get these done early... but this one I made late Saturday night..... and I was pleased when finished it!!... but PEOPLE it turns out that you can make lots of things with the word hot!!..lots.... just check out The Cuttlebug Spot this week and see.... those ladies on the Design Team rocked!.... Hugs, Jeannie
CRICUT
Graphically Speaking
Sun cut @ 4 1/2 inches 2 times.
I twisted the sun when I layered it and embossed only the top sun.
A Child's Year
Beach Scene cut @ 1 1/2 inches once on regular cut once on shadow.
Street Signs
"H" and "T" cut @ 4 1/4 inches.
Stretch Your Imagination
"Summer" cut @ 2 1/2 inches on stretch.
I cut it once on regular stretch cut and once on shadow then I hand-cut another larger shadow around the regular shadow to be able to add the red..I trimmed off the sun.
Brown and orange ink.
CUTTLEBUG
D'vine Swirls

6 comments:

Monique said...

What a cute card Jeannie !!

Hugs Monique

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful HOT colors on this one Jeannie! You captured the essence of summer. I was so intent on looking at the cuts that I almost missed the word HOT! Love this! xxD

Cheri said...

Love this card! Very creative!

Anonymous said...

This one really caught my eye. Love the sun and the detail. My daughter says she really likes it too. Thanks for posting more of your beautiful cards!!

Julie

~JulieH~ said...

Jeannie your card is amazing you have such a great eye for colour! Fabulous work as always
Hugs
Juliexx

~ Lorrie ~ said...

That's really great and different. I really love it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In