Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Monday, August 3, 2009

Cupcake Card

I needed to may my The Cuttlebug Spot Design Team card for this week and I needed to make my Brother-in-Law a birthday card...so I combined the "challenge" for both... My BIL is not into your typical things so I had no idea how to make it personal....so I went with the cupcake from Home Decor and used my new Celtic Knots Cuttlebug folder...I thought it turned out pretty good until my dear BIL got it and turned it in all directions...look confused... never even knew that I made it...and still doesn't know its a cupcake.... can we say store bought on the 99 cent rack next year!!! Hope you like it some... hugs, Jeannie
CRICUT
Home Decor
Cupcake cut @ 3 inches.
I cut it once in brown on shadow... once in blue on shadow which I then trimmed the icing off of.. On regular cut I cut twice in the striped paper and 3 more times in brown.
CUTTLEBUG
Celtic Knots Embossing Folder
I embossed a brown piece of cardstock and a blue piece of cardstock.. I trimmed 1/2 inch off of each side and the top and the bottom... so that I would have a piece that lined up with the pattern and have a border around it of the next color.
I used a gold pen to draw inside of the lines of the embossed image.
Lots of Brown Ink
Lots of pop-dots!!

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeannie, I love the monochromatic look of this, it is truly a comfort card. Hugs

Sandi said...

Jeannie, I love the monochromatic look of this, it is truly a comfort card. Hugs

Jo said...

Jeannie, I think this is a wonderful 'guy' card ... appropriate for a birthday, but still masculine. So sorry about your BIL's less than enthusiastic reaction ... some just don't appreciate art.

Jo xx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I just love everything about it...

Kate said...

I love your new embossing folder! What a gorgeous card! I'm sorry that your BIL's reaction was less than enthusiastic. I would have been thrilled to get such a lovely card!

DonnaMundinger said...

I'm sorry, but men just don't get it. This is gorgeous! I love what you did with the folder. I've been looking at it for awhile and keep thinking how big and flat it looks (not that I don't like the design, but you know me and layers. This is a perfect solution! Don't be surprised if you see something similar on my blog in the near future. :) xxD

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie! I am in love with the colors of this card! Love what you did with the embossing folder! I haven't been around much lately and I've missed so much of everyone's fantastic creations!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In