Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Be My Tweetheart

Designed by Jeannie Phillips - Southside, AL
Click on any picture to enlarge.

This card is for my card class!!!...and I am so excited...they voted on a Valentine card for Monday.... this is what I came up with... it is one of my all time favorite cards ever...I love the bright colors... it just made me happy...and I love the idea of peeking inside the tree and seeing the special treat awaiting inside... I hope that you love this card too!!!... and I really really hope that my wonderful group of sweet sweet ladies love it!!!...I really think they are going to be excited!

CRICUT & GYPSY
Sweethearts
Tree and its layers cut @ h3.73 inches... the width will be right if  you set the height... on the Cricut I would cut this @ 3 3/4 inches.
Bird nest and its layers cut @ h 1.31 inches the width will be right on all layers if you set the height...I cut 3 sets of layers one in brown for the nest..one in blue for the layer for the wings..and one in black for the hat......on the Cricut I would cut this at 1 1/4 inches.
My Community
Fence cut @ w 1.49 x h 0.86... I put 4 of these on the mat...flipping the last one from side to side.... I overlapped them...grouped them and welded them... overlap them so they will fit in your background square....on the Cricut I would cut these @ 1 inch..and overlap them to make the fence the length I needed.
Doodle Charms
Sun cut @ h 2.79 inches...on the Cricut  I would cut this at 2 3/4 inches.
George
Circle cut @ h 1.53 inches... do not weld it... place this in the tree where you you want your birds and nest so that you will have a "hole" in your tree.







21 comments:

Alice said...

OH Jeannie,
This card is unbelieveably adorable. I am sure that your card class loved you to pieces for doing this card.

Maybe my bf will get 2 Valentine's Day cards. This year is very unique because Valentine's falls on Chinese New Years too =) So I was thinking of putting the two themes together =)

Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing card!

Hugs
Alice

Blue6366 said...

OMGosh I so love this card....I never would have thought to do what you did with the tree. What a spectacular idea and card.

Thank you for the inspiration that you continually provide.

flowerdisco said...

Jeannie, the card is super and the birdies in the nest are super cute but what attracted me was the tiny two hearts "carved" on the tree trunk :) Love that detail!!!

csroyal said...

Now this is way cool!! Love it!

Live Love and Scrap said...

This has to be one of my favorites too!!! Good luck with your class...wish I could take it =)

Hugs,
Sarah

Carole Beath said...

Well, this card is just as cute as can be with the little nesting going on. Love the colors.
Hugs.
Carole

Joanna said...

WOW THAT IS ADORABLE! So much details!!

Carol<>< said...

oh my goodness Jeannie, this is like a window into the little birdies house! how cool is that!
your ladies will learn a lot with this one! take pictures so we can see!
Carol<><

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Jeannie, I love what you did with this card. I love all those layers. Just gorgeous!

Mary R.
Cattanooga, TN

DtsArt said...

Absolutey adorable. It is a Grand Card.

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeannie this is beyond gorgeous! The fabulous patterned bright papers and the layered nesting tree this is just amazing and soo creative! I love it!
Hugs
Juliexx

yvette said...

That card is just amazing!! I am sure your class will be over the moon when they see what they are gonna make :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this will SURELY be a hit! TOO CUTE for WORDS! All of the detail is amazing! LOVE IT! xxD

Stacey said...

I just love this card, I simlpy adore the pattern papers you have used to make up the background x x x

Anonymous said...

I have a love-hate relationship with virtual memory because of the way prices are always dropping. I absolutely hate buying SDs for my R4 / R4i at (what seems to be) a bargain price only to see it become a whole lot cheaper a few weeks later.

(Submitted by NetPostv2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Melissa said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever laid my eyes on! Your work is amazing Jeannie!

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

Joy said...

1st - Congrats on your Chirp Mention!! 2nd - I LOVE your work!! You have such wonderful talent. I've really let my card making slide. I'm inspired to put more effort into it after seeing your terrific work!

I see you're in Southside, AL. I grew up in B'ham. Got married in Highlands Methodist (the church at the fountain). IDK, how you could have 2 kids and one go to AU and the other AL!! LOL!! It was tough enough when I went to UAB and my younger brother years later graduated from AU. We grew up AL fans. IDK how he could cheer for AU now, LOL!!

Best Wishes!
~Joy~

Grandma Nancy said...

You're amazing and definitely blessed!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card!! I teach classes at my local scrapbook store. Would it be alright if I did this card as a class?? I promise to give you proper credit! I may not even use the same carts. Your card has sparked an inspiration for me using another cart.

Thanks,
Charis Young
charisma@catlover.com

Kate said...

I saw this in the Cricut Chirp and fell in love with it. (I remember commenting on the MB at the time.) I've had the idea in my mind since then and have wanted to do something with it. I finally did! I posted the card on my blog if you are interested to see. It's not quite as detailed as yours, but I'm happy with it. However, I wanted to thank YOU for the inspiration. I've always admired your work. Thank you Jeannie!!
(http://smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/2010/05/celebrate-life-card.html)

sanadon said...

Jeannie, I love this card! It's so cute. I followed your directions and made it for my husband for this years valentine. Thanks so much for sharing. :)
Sylvia A

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In