Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mr Snowman

Designed by Jeannie Phillips - Southside, AL
Click on any picture to enlarge.
I saw this image painted on a piece of metal while we were in Gatlinburg....and I loved it.... so when we got back to the room I created it the best that I could on my Gypsy... I was so excited...then yesterday Jeannene gave me some paper from an old Christmas paper pack...and I knew what I was using the snowflake paper for...the background of this card... there are some differences from the painting...the Merry Christmas was all in an arch across the snowman instead of just the Christmas...but it worked out well for my card... then the other day someone posted a snowman card where she had used a snowflake in the belly of the snowman....I borrowed that idea for her...but can’t remember who...if you will let me know it was you I would love to give you credit!!...I hope that you can see it in the picture..I used axles to make Sickles highlights to the letters...this is a simple card...but effective I think...I hope you like it...thank you so much for looking!... Hugs, JeannieI saw this image painted on a piece of metal while we were in Gatlinburg....and I loved it.... so when we got back to the room I created it the best that I could on my Gypsy... I was so excited...then yesterday Jeannene gave me some paper from an old Christmas paper pack...and I knew what I was using the snowflake paper for...the background of this card... there are some differences from the painting...the Merry Christmas was all in an arch across the snowman instead of just the Christmas...but it worked out well for my card... then the other day someone posted a snowman card where she had used a snowflake in the belly of the snowman....I borrowed that idea for her...but can’t remember who...if you will let me know it was you I would love to give you credit!!...I hope that you can see it in the picture..I used axles to make Sickles highlights to the letters...this is a simple card...but effective I think...I hope you like it...thank you so much for looking!... Hugs, Jeannie
CRICUT & GYPSY
George
Ovals cut @ w 3.61 x h 4.88 and w 3.53 x h 4.78.the smaller one is in front...both are cut in half.
Eye Circles cut @ w 0.62 x w .58
Triangle for the nose (its a regular triangle to start with) cut @ w .075 x h 3.0 then twisted under the second option on the advanced feature page.
Alphapicious
"MERRY" each letter cut @ h 1.10 the w will fall into place.
"CHRISTMAS" each letter cut @ h 0.81 then moved to overlap and welded together.
Gypsy Wanderings
Snowflake cut @ w.3.26 x 4.88 on real dial size...on the Gypsy that is the "a" within the lines and arrow that points up and down.
This is a picture of how my file looked when I cut it.This is a picture of my saved screen with my notes... once I got it like I wanted it I saved it under Save As......I have to go back and add my cartridge notes..the inside if the square is how I wanted the card to look with all its pieces..the extra pieces are for the pieces that other items were pop-dotted from...when I got ready to cut I spread all the cuts on the mat after I had saved the file... then cut... when prompted to save changes put NO and you will save this screen I did delete the card base square...but you can make one and open it as a template and it won't cut...you will just have it as a guide.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Snowmen-I'd love to win this one-Keep them coming! Nancy from Pa

Leah said...

This is so cute Jeannie! I love the snowflake in the snowman and how it's only half his face on the card, wonderful effect:)

Patti said...

So cute...I was doing tole painting for a while, so I have started to dig out my painting books as ideas also. Hopefully will be making something soon too.

Debbie said...

Love this card Jeannie. It came out so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Love this card Jeannie. It came out so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

cute cute Jeannie.. love how you are loving that gypsy... so sweet to give the instructions, when I get one I will know how to use it because of you.. thanks

Live Love and Scrap said...

This is so cute!!! Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog...it means so much..really!!!

My hardest part with the Gypsy is not being able to see the images very well until I move them to the mat...and I HAVE to have my book!!! I cant seem to figure out the function buttons without the cartridge books...do you use the books with your Gypsy??? I need to practice more I guess...

So far, the only thing I really use my Gypsy for is welding...which I am so excited about.

Thanks for your time,
Sarah

Teresa Kline said...

this is the cutest Mr Snowman, I luv him.....great job....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Snowmanlover said...

OH Jeannie, is that my boyfriend, after all I am snowmanlover. Oh I want that card!!!!!! I just love it soooo much. That is so darling!!!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Jeannie,

I just cant thank you enough for all your help with the Gypsy...you are soooo sweet! So after I read your comment last night, I got busy =) I made a card and designed it on my Gypsy and it was so easy with your tips...if you have a chance, come check it out!

thanks again and have a blessed day,
Sarah

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Jeannie! Love it when you find an inspiration shopping the boutiques. What fun! xxD

Becky Moore said...

This card is adorable. Not only do I want to try it, I want to put the snowman on my scrapbook page. Thanks for sharing.

lavendarrose29 said...

I love this card and am so glad I found your blog. I am going to scraplift this card and when I post it on my blog I will so give you credit.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

This is a neat card with a great story. Sounds like you had fun in Gatlinburg!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In