Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Handmade Toboggan with New Stitch and Hand-spun Yarn.

Handmade Design by
Jeannie Phillips ~ Southside, AL
I am excited about this hat....I wanted something different... when it came to me how to add random pieces of  yarn and make them stand out I put down what I was working on and got to work on this hat. I also wanted a way to showcase my hand spun yarn... the pink in the hat is yarn I purchased the other is MY VERY OWN YARN   I added a Vertical Drop Stitch that I taught myself how to do on a loom...I had seen it done on needles and went "oh I know how to do this on a loom."  Then I did!!... talk about excited!! I also watched a video today on a Crossed Stockinette stitch...it is a simple you knit one peg and ewrap the next...I like the uneven look it gives.  I know there is a name for how this hat looks but I can't think of it... I am really excited at how it turned out!! I used my purple round Knifty Knitter.... I love, love loom knitting!!


5 comments:

Gramma said...

There is a name for that toboggan... "Awesome!" Take care and keep turning out these beautiful creations.

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute.love the stich and the colors.wish to do something like your hats someday.

Snowmanlover said...

Love your work Jeannie!
Miss your cards though!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

I just cannot believe what you are able to do with looms! Amazing! PC should put you on tour!

Janet said...

Hey Jeannie! Sooooo talented!!! I love your hats as much as I love your cards!! You're amazing!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In