Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wishing You A Happily Ever After

Designed by Jeannie Phillips - Southside, AL
Click on any picture to enlarge.
Ever have ONE-OF-THOSE-CARDS! ... you know the ones where everything that could go wrong did!!!...well this is one of those!!.... first I was wanting a wonderful idea...something very special for Vicki's wedding card... that just never came to me... today she is getting married so I had to be sure and make her this one ... and if another one comes to me she will have two... the cut I wanted to use would not cut out of the black paper that I have...the kind that is more like construction paper than cardstock... I wish I could find some wonderful black paper!!.. so I had to decide on something completely different... then I printed the names...not quite centered.. then I embossed the second try and the paper slipped and I had to reprint and then re-emboss.....then I left words out of my circle text...didn't notice until card was completely put together...in fixing it I smudged the stickles..had to remove the bells and do those over not to mention some of the other things that went wrong!!...good thing the wedding was too far for me to attend there is no telling what I would have done to mess that up... Vicki's dress is red so I wanted the red accents!!!.... I hope her day has been perfect all it has done here is rain!
CRICUT
Wedding Solutions
Hearts cut @ 1 inch.
Wedding Bells cut @ 1 inch.
Storybook
Scalloped circle cut @ 2 inches in red.
Scalloped circle w/ flourishes cut @ 2 1/4 inches.
This cut is the shadow blackout of a flower.
Both inside flourishes cut @ 3/4 inch.
CUTTLEBUG
D'vine Swirls
All text computer generated.

7 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Jeannie I think your card is perfect. Sometimes when we want to do something so special it just doesn't happen, but I think you this is adorable and I'm sure Vicki will be over the moon with it.

hugs
Kaye x

marysanders123 said...

Sometimes simple is all that is needed! And I would love this card from you. I deserves a special place in her scrapbook.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Jeannie to start with so many things going wrong it turned out amazing... I so love it.

Georgia said...

Jeannie-
Have you tried the black cardstock from the office supply isle at Walmart. I think it is less than $4 for 50 sheets of 8.5 x 11. I use their white which is 150 sheets for just over $5. And the card looks great!
Georgia

Jeannie Phillips said...

Georgia

My DH was at Wal-Mart when I read this...I picked up the phone and he brought me home some of that wonderful black cardstock!...thank you so mucn.
hugs
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll bet she was thrilled when she received it! It's beautiful. Love the colors you used!

Tammy said...

Hi Jeannie!

This is Tammy from CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRICUT... I was just browsing your blog (you are SO talented!). I especially love your brilliant idea of computer printing a sentiment/name, scoring on each side... then embossing it! Pure genious!! You really should teach this technique in November! Oh, and I also use the white and black cardstock from Walmart. You can't beat the price and it is great to do practice cuts with too! But for a true beautiful black 12x12 cardstock, the NIGHTFALL from Core'dinations is a must have. JMO!

Tammy

PS: GD announcements going out tonight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In