Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Friday, March 26, 2010

Noah's Ark

Designed by Jeannie Phillips ~ Southside, AL
Click on any picture to enlarge.

Adam is one of my Facebook friends because he and his wife took Madison's wedding pictures.... he saw my "Every Light in the House is On" mushroom card yesterday on Facebook and he asked me to make a birthday card for his wife... he lives a little more than an hour away and I explained to him that because I mail them in a bubble envelope they take longer to arrive than a day, he was willing to drive the hour or more  to pick up my card.... was that a compliment or what!!!.... so I got to work designing on my Gypsy last night...and the card came together so good this morning...I am just so excited about this card.... hope that Adam and his wife are happy with it!!... thank you so much for looking!!... Hugs, Jeannie
CRICUT & GYPSY
Life is a Beach
Waves cut @ w 2.74 x h 1.0...I overlapped 3 of these to get the length I needed grouped them and welded them together....I place a rectangle on the screen the size of my card base to measure this by.... on the Cricut I would cut these @ 1 inch.
For the second row of waves duplicate these waves and weld to a rectangle from George cut @
 w 5.17 x h 0.83... on the Cricut I would cut three waves and hand cut the rectangle at a little large than 3/4 and inch by 3 1/2 inches and glue a row of overlapping waves to this.
Paper Dolls for Every Day
Basket for bottom of boat cut @ w 3.50 x h 8.07.... I put two of these on my mat...cut on by itself..which I cut the handle off of and popped from the welded boat...the other boat I welded at square and a rectangle to it to make the house...on the Cricut I would cut the basket at 3 inches on real dial size...I would leave the handle on one of the baskets to glue the square and triangle to.
Elephant cut @ w 1.83 x h 1.68...I glued one giraffe to the back of the "tub"of the boat which is popped from the whole boat....the other I glued to the whole boat...this gave a space between each animal for dimension...on the Cricut I would cut these @ 1 3/4 inches.
Fish cut @ w 0.87 c h 1.02...you will only need 5 ...I glued 3 to the back of the front waves which are popped form the back waves... on the Cricut I would cut these at 1 inch.
New Arrival
Giraffes and their layers cut @ w 1.12 x h 2.46 ... I glued one giraffe to the back of the "tub"of the boat which is popped from the whole boat....the other I glued to the whole boat...this gave a space between each animal for dimension.... on the Cricut I would cute these at 2 1/2 inches.
Beyond Birthdays
Doves cut @ w 1.83 x h 1.68 inches....on the Cricut I would cut these @ 1 1/2 inches.
Doodle Charms
Sun cut @ w 2.11 x h 1.71 ...on the Cricut I would cut this @ 1 3/4 inches.
Stamping
"Happy Birthday" cut @ w 2.64 x h 1.32...on the Cricut I would cut this at 1 1/4 inches.
George
House on Boat
Square cut @ w 1.31 x h 1.50...using the Cricut I would cut this by hand at 1 1/3 inches x 1 1/2 inches.
Triangle cut @ w 1.94 x h 1 inch...using the Cricut I would cut this by hand  1 inch tall and 2 inches wide.
Rectangles 2 cut @ w 0.19 x h 1.58 ... rotate these and weld together to make the roof line... duplicate...then weld one set to the top of the roof...and cut one set separate so you can use a different paper for contrast... using the Cricut I would cut this by hand... and cut only one and glue to your roof.
All cut in red on the mat are welded together.



20 comments:

Simply Pam said...

Wow Jeannie. You are so creative! I love your idea of turning a picnic basket into the Ark! So clever. :) Another great one.

Pam

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey chickie! Where the heck have I been!? So many things I've missed! This is so so adorable! My DH is really a Noah's Ark fan and this is one of the cutest things I've seen in 4-ever! Darling, darling! Such an inspiration! Big hugs! D

Alice said...

Oh Jeannie,
You seem to always outdo yourself with each passing card. I have a musical box that is 3D and it's Noah's ark. Love love love this card. Michaelangelo has the sistine chapel...you have this card. For someone to come and drive an hour to pick up one of your cards is definitely a great compliment and after seeing this I am sure that they would think so too =)
Great job!
Alice

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Jeannie, this is FABULOUS and what a sweet gift to give to someone, ONE of your cards! Hope you are feeling better.

Nita's World Handmade said...

Very, very nice card

Banner Market said...

I wanted to let you know I am awarding you a beautiful blogger award. It awaits your retrieval at my blog so come on over & get it. There is however a caviat. You must share on your blog 10 things about yourself & then share the award with 10 of your bloggy friends.
Cheers Gina

Kris said...

Jeannie this is just perfect. You've used just the right animals, birds and fish and made it so realistic. Great job! Hugs...Kris

Sheena said...

Great card!!..I love the idea for Noah's ark.

Sheena :)

Mary said...

OMGosh, this is amazing! I love it! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Who WOULDN'T LOVE it? She will be thrilled when she opens it up! I check your blog everyday-no ONE creates cards and has such an eye for color as you do! Love your blog! First thing I do when I get on my computer each morning is to check for new cards on your blog! : ) I think that is an honor for him to drive an hour for your card also-you should be proud! : )
Brandy

yvette said...

What a great great card! And what a compliment that he would drive an hour to pick it up!! Not to mention the thought of him doing that for his wife :)

TeacherMom said...

Wow! You are so talented!! I am in awe over your gorgeous cards. Thanks for taking the time to share the awesome directions with us. When I have a free night I am going to spend it on your blog making beautiful cards!!!!

Sharon said...

This is so awesome!!! So very beautiful!!!! :)

Monique said...

So beautifull Jeannie !! I love all the details in your card. I finally put up another cricut card on my blog :)).

Hugs Monique

Jean said...

Wow! I am amazed. Your blog is incredible - your work fantastic! How absolutely generous of you to share. My sister just purchased a Cricut and is so excited. Will definitely be sending her this link!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jeannnie, that is just so pretty! Love how you did the waves!

Shona said...

Jeannie, I have turned to praying for cards too..and each time I pray you post a new card...always an inspiration.

Carol<>< said...

I hour to pick up this card! WOW, well worth it!
beautiful!
Carol N<><

RockinReddRobin said...

My goodness! What awesome cards you make. I'm book-marking this blog RIGHT NOW! TFS

~Robin
rockinreddrobin@yahoo.com
http://robinredd.typepad.com/west_coast_scrapper/

Kimberly said...

Hello Jeannie-

Adam presented me the card tonight and it is by far the most beautiful card I have ever received. It will be treasured in my curio cabinent. Thanks for making it!!!You are such a talented lady!

Kim

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In