Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bama Baby

Handmade by Jeannie Phillips, Southside, AL
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Vicki and I are still having so much fun picking out the same cut and seeing what each of us come up with... they are always so different.... so this has been amazing fun... Kat on the Cricut Message Boards ask us to do a baby card.... we said ok lets do that!!!....lets do a baby card... Vicki picked out the giraffe or the elephant... I looked at both and an idea popped into my Alabama head as soon as I saw the elephant...so we went with him... hope that you like my take!... I cherish your comments!!..thanks for looking!
Hugs,
Jeannie
CRICUT
New Arrival
Elephant cut @ 3 inches 2x's on shadow blackout 1x with shift for just the head and on shadow blackout... I cut the tail off the very bottom layer... cut the second and forth leg off the middle layer... lots of ink and the Peachy Keene stamp for the face... each layer pop-dotted with 1/8 inch pop-dots.
Baby cut @ 2 inches... 3x's with shift for just the blanket...all in red... 1x on shadow blackout for the baby and the blanket in off white... one of the red blanket layers is directly attached to the baby and blanket layer... the back layer is just a red blanket attached to the background paper...then the baby w/ blanket pop-dotted from that...then the top blanket popped for that... using 1/8 inch pop dots again... Baby's face is a Peachy Keene stamp.
Mickey Font
"A" cut @ 1/2 inch on regular cut and shadow cut.
Circles are cut at 1 1/2 inch, 1 3/4 inch and 2 inches... 2 cut with punches the third cut on my Cricut... the bottom, grey circle is adhered directly to the background paper, the next two layers are pop-dotted with 1/16 inch pop-dots.
All other words are computer generated.
"Sawyer" is the baby's name that the card is for.
Black Ink

8 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love the elephant... he is just toooo cute. What an adorable card Jeannie. Sound like you are having alot of fun.

LMcBurney said...

I love the detail on this card. The faces are really cute and you put so much work into giving the card dimension. Great card!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Jeannie this is ADORABLE! How about a baby card that both mom AND DAD think is super! Love the peachy keen faces. Hmmm... are you enabling me again? xxD

Saskia said...

Lovely work on your blog!!!

Saskia :)

Monique said...

oh what a cutie Jeannie !!!

Hugs Monique

Kara said...

Of course.....I love it!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh that elephant is sooo cute! Just adorable!

GenieBug said...

You inspire... now I have this idea of a baby hanging from a buckeye tree... now if I could only find a Brutus the Buckeye to go along...lol!
Provo Craft could make some money with licensed collegiate cartridges.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In