Thank Your For Stopping By

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit my blog... it is changing as I change and learn more things... I hope after Christmas to get an opportunity to make some more CARDS. I am loving Loom Knitting now... and have lots to do before Christmas....I don't mind sharing how I do things and if you have questions you can E-MAIL me @ winacard@gmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have.


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Human ~ With Cri-Kits ~ How to Video

Designed by Jeannie Phillips ~ Southside, Al
Click on any picture to enlarge.
There is a instructional VIDEO at the bottom of this post.
The Gypsy File is available for this card by email. Just copy and paste this email to your personal email account winacard@gmail.com and let me know which Gypsy file that you are wanting.

I am so excited about this card.. I got to use a new product by Cri-Kits …their cool pens… I have a picture of below!!…that you can use with your Cricut to write or draw anything that you can cut…and the Gypsy makes it so so easy to put all these in just the right place!!… I can’t wait to try out new things!!…I have ideas flowing in my head!!…and later this week…Friday I am hoping …I get to give away 42 of these pens along with the housing that holds the pens!!… how exciting is that!!

I made this card for my sweet son-in-law Cory…his birthday is July 4th…now I have to Priority Mail the card…because I was waiting on my pens to make this card… Once I laid out this card for him... I didn't want him to make another one... this one just seemed so much like a card he would like!! I so hope he loves this card.
.
CRICUT, GYPSY & CRI-KITS ( I love my Cri-Kits)
Layer One (for this file on my Gypsy)
George
Square .. For template.. w 3.75 x h 5.0 .. I did hide contour with this cut…and just laid my paper cutter pieces on the correct place on the mat to …this way I knew exactly where to lay out the pieces I was going to draw on my paper...using the Cricut you would need to cut these pieces out the right size and place them on your mat.
Tiny Rectangles…. Cut @ w 0.15 x h 0.23..there are tons of these… I used my Silver Metallic Cri-Kits pen to draw these on my mat. … Using my Cricut I would cut/draw these at h ¼ inches… move the ink pen over where I wanted each of these drawn. You will have to draw them one at a time if you use just your Cricut.
Robotz
Happy B-Day letters cut @ h 0.62...set the height and the width will be right on all letters…Using the Cricut I would cut/draw these at ½ and inch.. I would cut each letter one at a time…moving the cursor where I wanted the next letter to start..this will take practice.
Human letters cut @ h 0.54 set the height and the width will be right on all the letters… .. using the Cricut I would cut each letter one at a time…moving the cursor where I wanted the next letter to start..this will take practice.
Layer 2 (for this file on my Gypsy... use a different mat)
Robotz
Robot and all its layers cut @ h 5.33...set the height and the width will be right on all the cuts… on the Cricut I would cut these out @ 5 ¼ inches.
Card base is 4 ¼ x 5 ½, Frame Piece 4 x 5 ¼ , Background piece 3 3/4 x 5… these cuts are on the inside and outsides of my cards… Sentiment piece 2 ¾ x 4 inside only….. I cut all of these with my paper trimmer

*There is now a link at the bottom of each post where you can show off your recreation of my cards… with a link back to your card on your blog, or the Cricut Message Board or a photo storage place like Photo Bucket…. I would love it if you share your recreations with me! It just makes me happy!! Thank you so, so much! Hugs



I tried to turn this picture the right way...it just wouldn't work.



I love sharing the instructions and files for my cards but I do ask that if you use my instructions or files to recreate my card and place it on your blog or somebody else’s blog that you give me the credit for the original design. I also ask that you do not submit my designs for publication, profit or for any contest. Thank you!

13 comments:

mustbecrafty said...

Thanks for another great card and video Jeannie! I didn't think I wanted the Robotz cart but seeing you use it makes me think otherwise. I just got Easter 2010 based on your recommendation and I love it! The grass is perfect!! Will go check out these pens too.

Saundra said...

What a neat product, Jeannie. You are so creative! I just love your work. Thank you for sharing!
~Saundra

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute! Great video as always, thanks.

Sharon said...

I'm with Tiffany, I didn't think I needed this cart but now I'm really rethinking that!! This card is just awesome! Cory should love it!! :)

Kate said...

Great card!! I love the blackboard look of the pen on black paper.

yvette said...

What a fun and clever card!! The sentiment is just so amazing :)

Alice said...

Oh Jeannie,
You are so bad for my wallet...hahaha just kidding.
THis is an awesome card. The robot looks like he is break dancing...how cool.
THese pens I have seen before and have often wondered about them but now that I've seen you use them looks so easy =)

I am sure that Cory will love this card. HOw can he not?

I have to agree with Tiffany...I bought Easter 2010 and I have 3 other cartrdiges on the way too =)

I got this Robotz cartridge so I am excited to see your creations too =)

Wonderful job on the card!
Alice

JeanneLee said...

Jeannie, another wonderful video...I do not have this cart, didn't think I would use it...but you have inspired me!
TFS your gift!

Blessings!
JeanneLee

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Okay, I'm learning more and more about this drawing the background to make your own designer paper for the cut you are going to make and this is AWESOME. You continue to inspire me, Jeannie!

TFern said...

Ohhh Jeannie!! This is such a perfect boy card!! The more images I see from this cart the more I think I have to have it!! I had no idea how many cool robots there are :o) TFS!!

Anonymous said...

looks like another must have!!!
Jeannie I love this little robot, so cute! off to look at cri-kits.com
Carol<><

love2create said...

Another super cute card made with those cri-kits pens! I may be investing in those real soon! Love it!
JeanH from the MB

gina kinde said...

Jeannie, you inspire me every day. I am disabled from rhumatoid arthrtis and severe osteoprosis, and a few other things but this is not about what my illness is about it is about how you make me forget I have it at all. Your cards inspire me so much that I just am amazed at the gift god has given you to share with all of us, I love to make cards and I am nowhere as experienced as you are. I love how you layer with ease and it turns out so beautiful. I have looked at alot of craftes and you by far are the best teacher I have come across. You should work for magazines. They would be so lucky to have your craftiness.
I also have a gypsy and do not no how to use it and I am just confused when you show your layouts. Is there an instruction booklet out there somewhere that can teach me how to use my gypsy? If I knew how to use it your layout instructions would be so helpful to me, but right now Im just confused. I bought my gypsy at a garage sale and the registration numbers were removed from the back of it so I cant get any downloads or anything like that. I dont know who I would ask about this issue. Maybe cricut has a new number they could assingn me so I can get downloads and new info. I tried to download some of my newer cartridges but it said I needed to download something to do this and since I dont have a registration number I cant do it. I paid $175 for it because it had 10 cartridges on it which I thought was a great deal but now that I cant get any updates I guess it wasnt. Well Im just thankful that it works and I can use it just for cutting with the cartidges that I have on it.If you know how I could fix it so I could get updates I would appreciate it and If you know where I could get a detailed book on how to use my gypsy you would make me a very grateful cardmaker. HEE HEE. You just blow me away with your layouts and cards, I could only hope that the day will come that I could use my gypsy like you do. I also like distressing, I have so much of Tim Holtz's products, I have alot of everything just need a good teacher and I think I found one. I will be watching you, thank you so much for your inspiration. If you can help me with my gypsy issues or anyone else you know could please contact me at ginak1117@att.net. Thank you friend and keep up the great work. Your friend, Gina, from Saginaw, Mi.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Thank you so much for signing my Guestbook... I have no idea how to reply to people who do sign in... but I so love it when you do!!... So thank you so much!... if you ever have any questions you can email me @ winacard@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you again for signing my Guestbook~
Jeannie

Please Sign In